No buying food for a month Post # 1
I have so much food in the house & I’m always spending more money on new groceries & eating out.
Little bits and pieces here and there to complete a recipe, items on sale or foods that I’m craving. Since I have so much food in the house I want to see if I can utilize what I already have. I’m excited to see how well I’ll be able to eat & what recipes will I come up with just using the ingredients in my household. I’m also pumped to see how much money I’ll save.
Other reasons Why?
- I just booked a trip & I need to be in save mode in order to pay it off.
- I’m trying to eat gluten free & low carb when at all possible.
- I have a goal to eat smaller portions.
- Conference I’ll be attending out of the city this month. I’ll have to eat out those days.
- St. Patricks day because I love this day & I won’t give up celebrating it.
- Mexican cooking party my friend is hosting. We are sharing the cost of food on that night.
- I can buy fresh veggies but only $10 a week.
I’ll be posting some of the dishes I make, but not all of them.
No Food buying – Day 1
No Food buying – Day 4
Breakfast was Avocado, Tomato & Egg on a gluten free bagel.
Dinner – Uncooked olive tomato & kale basa filets.
The Filets cooked!
The final dish. Basa Filets on a bed of rice.