SMX West San Jose 2013
I’m off for some learning at SMX West in San Jose California
March 11th to 13th, 2013 is the Search Marketing Expo and I’m ecstatic to be attending my first SEO conference. Having worked in the SEO industry since early 2010, it’s long overdue.
What is SMX?
The Search Marketing Expo is a conference for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) girls & boys who work in the online marketing industry. It is three full days of over 50 sessions and keynote presentations.
What I will be learning
It took me awhile to decide which sessions would be the most beneficial, but here are some of the main ones I’ve decided to attend.
- Essential SEO Analytics: The Performance Metrics That Truly Count.
- The Technical SEO Metrics You Should Care About
- How To Groove To The Google Dance. (The famous Danny Sullivan, The Editor in Chief of Search Engine Land will be moderating this talk)
- The Search Police: Matt & Duane’s Excellent Search Engine Adventure. (The even more famous Matt Cutts Head of Google Spam & Duane Forrester, Senior Product Manager for Bing will be the speakers for this talk. I’m totally going to nerd out when I see them).
- Walking A Mile In Google’s Shoes: Dealing With Tough Calls In Organic Search.
- Schema: 201: Real World Markup For Success.
- Pagination & Canonicalization for the Pros.
- Inside Google’s Game Changing Knowledge Graph.
- Advanced, Bulls eye Keyword Research Tactics.
- Content Isn’t just King, It’s Also Queen.